Wednesday, January 9, 2013

  

I have heard many people who are pro-choice make the claim that Pro-life people do not really care anything about the women that we only care about the babies. Really most of them always throw in there that we only care about the fetus's because of course calling an unborn child a baby to them is a huge no, no. It's all part of the imagined war on women that pro-choicers and liberals believe wholeheartedly in and use to try to justify all their leftist beliefs. The accusations that they level that pro-life people only care for the unborn are completely false. A true Pro-life person cares just as much about the mother as they do her unborn child. We don't want to see anyone hurt and that is what abortion does it kills one and wounds the other most of the time for life both psychologically and physically as well.

Many pro-choice people might not try to take on the issue that abortions do harm the woman who has them emotionally, but they will usually are very outspoken and to say that "legal" abortions are perfectly safe medical procedures that do no lasting harm physically to the mothers. Yet countless recent research irrefutably states otherwise. Countless studies have shown over the last few years that women who have abortions are at a higher risk for death for up to 8 years after having an abortion. Research has shown that women who have abortions often suffer many complications in subsequent pregnancies including an increased risk of ectopic pregnancies, endometritis, placenta previa and PID and more. There have been many resent studies showing an increased risk for breast cancer and other types of female sometimes as much as double the normal risk after having one or more abortions. (The risks continue to rise after every abortion) The risk of future miscarriages and premature births increases sharply in some cases they more than double. And countless studies show that abortions more than triple the risk of a woman developing mental health problems which includes a high risk of suicide.

Here are two great links that list in detail the risks to a women who have abortions verse those who don't.  

 List of physical risks - http://www.theunchoice.com/pdf/FactSheets/PhysicalRisks.pdf

 List of psychological and suicide risks - http://www.theunchoice.com/pdf/FactSheets/PsychologicalRisks.pdf

You see Pro-life people care about the mothers too. We don't want to see them suffer and possibly die themselves due to abortion or abortion causing drugs. Because the lies that Planned Parenthood and the abortion industry have spread so far and wide are just that they are lies there is NO such thing as a safe abortion. Choices have consequences so you much choose wisely. 

True Pro-life people believe that both lives are equal. Abortion is really a civil rights issue. In fact I would venture to say that it is the ultimate civil rights issue of all time because without the right to life all other rights are rendered meaningless. Even the horrible practice of slavery didn't mean an automatic death sentence for the slave. They had a chance to live even though most other freedoms were taken from them. Abortion doesn't allow any chance of freedom for the children at all. All men and women are created equal.  And as our great Declaration of Independence states "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." There is a reason why they put LIFE first! Because it is the most precious and important right there is! Without it nothing else is even relevant. 

Who has the right to say that one person's life worth more than another?

They say that we only care about the life of the child but why do they only care for the woman and nothing else? Is the mother's life some how more valuable than the child's she is carrying because she is older? Or because of where she is in her life? Or because she is already been allowed to grow enough to know where she is at and interact with the outside world around her? The answer to all the questions above is NO! Her life is equal too and just as valuable and important as her child's, but it is not more important. Each and every one of them was at one time that a "fetus" and their lives were just as valuable but no more so than the children that they say that it is all right to kill in the womb. The only difference is they had a mother who did choose life for them. Yet they would deny others that same right and try to call themselves liberators and advocates for freedom? For anyone to say that their life is somehow more valuable than anyone else's is the epitome of selfishness and narcissism. We are all the same in the sight of God our Creator.  

Now I can't speak for how every mother feels but I can speak from my own experience... when I was pregnant with my son one day into my eighth month of pregnancy I had an appointment to go see my OBG/GYN. In fact it was the visit where I was suppose to start going every two weeks for checkups from then on until I had my son. I knew that I hadn't been feeling well that day, but to be perfectly honest I was extremely sick throughout my entire pregnancy, I was pretty much miserable the entire time. I was one of the "lucky" ones that had morning, noon, and night sickness for my entire pregnancy I didn't just have morning sickness it happened every morning and sometimes all throughout the day and I just always felt wiped out and just blah. I also had other problems but I won't go into that the point I'm trying to make is that I had already felt so bad during my pregnancy that I really didn't see a huge difference in how I was feeling that day. I went to work like normal and worked right up until the time that I had to leave work and go straight to my doctor's appointment at around 2pm. I had worked the whole day with my feet propped up on my trashcan underneath my desk because my feet were swelling that day. But again this was my first pregnancy and I have heard just like every other woman that women's feet swell a lot of the time when they are pregnant and I didn't really think that much about it. I thought well it's just because I'm getting closer to my due date this is just part of it and most women go through it no biggy. I got to the Doctor's office and I went in like normal when they called me back it was the same old routine that they had done all the times before. They weighed me and a few other things then I sat down in a chair for them to take my blood pressure and this is where everything changed. The nurse looked like something was wrong like she wasn't seeing the blood pressure reading right when the cuff had fulled deflated. She said let me take that again... I did think it was a bit odd but again I didn't know anything was wrong and I just thought she might not have pumped the cuff enough or the blood pressure cuff just didn't work right or something that time. So she took my blood pressure again and this time she didn't say anything she just opened a drawer got out a red pen (she had been using another color before that while writing in my chart) and she wrote something in red in my chart and said I'll be right back. Well now I was starting to wonder what was going on but still I wasn't overly alarmed at this point still.

Before to long she came back and got me and my husband and showed us into an exam room just like they always did, and it wasn't too long until my Dr. came in. She asked how I was feeling and came and examined me just like always feeling of my stomach etc. like all the times before, but after she finished she stepped back and the next words out of her mouth turned my world completely upside down. She told me that my blood pressure was extremely high and that she was going to have to put me in the hospital and that I needed to go ahead and have my baby that night or in the morning. 

I felt like all the blood drained completely out of me. I remember saying "No it's not time yet he's too little. I'm only eight months by one day. I can't have him yet, he's not ready." My Dr. told me that I had developed Preclampsia/Toxemia and that I needed to go ahead have him then for both of our sakes. She said my blood pressure was so high that I could have stroke or go into seizures. She said did you know you are already in labor? I couldn't believe it! She told me that I was already having contractions... she said put your hand on your stomach you feel how hard it is. I was like yeah she said that’s because you are having contractions. I was floored I didn't know what to say. I felt like I was about to have a panic attack or pass out or both, and I was absolutely scared to death. She said the best thing to do was to put me in the hospital and have this baby. She told me that she didn't even want me going home to get any clothes or anything, she pointed to my husband and said he can take care of that later. She wanted me to go straight over to the hospital which was just up the driveway from where her office building was right then and that she would meet us over there. She even told my husband to get my information and for him to go admit me and they could go ahead and start me on some medicine etc. When I got there they immediately got an IV going and started giving me medicine to speed up my labor and something to keep me from going in to seizures because my blood pressure was sky high. I told them there was no chance of it coming down anytime soon because I had never been so terrified in my entire life.
  
I prayed that day probably more and more vehemently than I ever have in my life. I had monitors all over me monitoring me, taking my blood pressure every few mins. and monitors that were monitoring Stephen's heart rate. I prayed to God to help me and my son and if it was possible and according with his will at all to let us both make it through it without any problems and be healthy. But that if that wasn't possible and anyone had to die I begged God to let it be me, to please take me instead and let my son live.

The Dr. got there after they got me in a room and she told them to get an anesthesiologist in there as soon as possible, and that she wanted me to get an epidural ASAP she told them that she didn't want me feeling anything. I remember she was very adamant about that. She said her blood pressure is already so high I don’t want her feeling any pain at all it could make it go even higher. She even told me that I could watch TV in the room but to not even watch anything that could get me excited or anything like a sports game or anything. Which I was like ok.....But I will admit that the she didn't want me feeling any pain part sounded really good to me. It wasn't long before the anesthesiologist came into my room and gave me an epidural and my Dr. got her wish I felt nothing from my stomach down. I couldn't even feel my legs at all I remember pinching them and never feeling anything at all. But in the mean while I got very sick from the medicine that they were giving me to try to keep me from having seizures. It also had a side effect of making me extremely hot. The Dr. told me when she started the drip that it was going to and I quote "make me feel like crap" she said there is just no other way to put it. Man was she right I got sick to my stomach and I felt like I was burning up from the inside out. It was a realllllllly miserable afternoon and night. I didn't know what was going to happen I was so afraid that I was going to loose my son. I was even more terrified because his heart rate dropped several times during the night but it always came back up pretty quickly and my Dr. wanted me to have him naturally without a c-section if I could. Also they kept having to come and draw blood from me every few hours to check the levels of some of the medicine they were giving me because if it got to high in my blood that wasn't a good thing either.With the epidural even when I was going into hard labor later that night I didn't feel any pain at all. I could have gone to sleep accept I was too scared too. Also with them coming in all the time checking things, taking blood, and the blood pressure cuff taking my bp every 15 mins didn't help matters either. It took a long time before I finally got dilated all the way to where I could start to push the next day. My appointment at the doctor had been at about 2pm that day and I didn't actually have my son until 4 minutes until 4 the next day but the actual birth when I started to push and actually have him was one of the easiest parts of my entire pregnancy. I remember telling my husband that if my whole pregnancy had been as easy as the birth part itself everything would have been a piece of cake.

Stephen weighted 4 pounds when he was born. And he came out crying it seemed but it was music to my ears. He was so tiny but he was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I know that my husband and I very blessed. There are many children are born much smaller than he was, but it's still scary when they are that small. I am so thankful to God for answering my prayers and he was born healthy with no real problems accept being slightly jaundice. He had no problems with his lungs and had no problem breathing which they were a little concerned about with him being premature. But he didn't have any problems and didn't have to be put in an incubator or anything thank God. He is a true blessing to my husband and I and to this day I would give my life for his in a second.



  
I am a mother myself and even though I was miserable and sick throughout my entire pregnancy and my son and I could have died when I had him. I would do it all over in a heartbeat. Because Stephen’s life matters and besides Jesus he is the greatest blessing that God has ever given to me. I am thankful to God everyday for him! He teaches ME new things everyday almost as much or maybe even more than I teach him. My life wasn't then and never will be more important than his.

In closing the real war on women is being waged by those that devalue life and think that no person's life or well being comes before their plans or what they want. We live in a society that is very narcissistic in many ways. It's sad to say but there are many in today's world who could truly care less of what happens to others just as long as they get what they want. That is not the way that things are suppose to be. Some don't care about what is right or what is the truth, they only want what they want and they won't even try to see anything beyond that. They won't listen to any scientific studies or any articles, even by those in the top of their fields in embryology and biology that say that life begins at conception. They can't be bothered to even try listen to, watch, or read anything to see what is true or not if what they believe is right or wrong. Many don't care or if they do they have become so complacent with the way that things are they won't do anything to try to change anything. 

My friends we have to be loving and shining lights in this world and try to help changes people's hearts and minds. ALL people in this world are our brothers and sisters. And no matter how they act or what they believe getting angry and throwing around accusations and calling them vile names will not make them listen to you and that isn't right either. We need to stand up for what is right and act caring, logical, responsible adults. We must keep telling the truth no matter what . And for others to be willing to listen to and accept the truth we need to speak the truth but speak it with love and respect that is how to reach people.

I have actually had several pro-choice people say that I and other pro-lifers really are not pro-life at all just pro-birth, we only care that our beloved "fetuses" are born, but that's not true. True pro-life people believe in the sanctity of all human life, that all people are created by God in his image and are of immeasurable value regardless of how that child was conceived, or if it is completely healthy with no problems, or it's sex, or any other reason and the mother's life is just as important as her baby's life is. They are both equal and both should be loved and cared for! Neither should have to suffer or die because of abortion.


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful heartfelt post and a terrifying story!!! I am so thankful that you and your son made it through safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Aura! Thank you so much! I am so thankful to God that we both made it through it as well. We are very blessed. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete

Comment rules:

Please do not criticize or berate others you can disagree with their comments and views but please be an adult about things and don't resort to cursing, insulting, and name calling.

Please do not post any private information about yourself or others (i.e. email addresses, phone numbers, etc.)

Please be respectful, civil, and considerate.

The following is NOT allowed under any circumstances and will result in your comments being deleted and not published, and could result in you being banned from any further commenting.

No Blasphemy in any way shape or form this is a Christian owned blog.

No swearing, slandering, or threatening of any kind.

No insults of any religion, gender, race, will be allowed.

Any threats will be immediately reported to authorities.

Follow and Support AVFH

Follow AVFH on Facebook

Sign the Petition to Defund PP

Please sign the petition
and share today!


Click on the banner below to
help defund Planned Parenthood the largest abortion provider in the U.S.



Labels